Every year, BAM celebrates Forestry Week at Campo Verde in Ucayali. As part of the activities organized in Pucallpa, we invited different authorities, neighboring communities and employees to learn about BAM’s programs and to promote sustainable cooperation in the region.
During this celebration, different activities were held:
- Training for neighboring hamlets (Agua Blanca, Tierra Roja, Nueva Esperanza and Santa Teresita) on sustainable forest management.
- Art activities for students at the local school in the hamlet of Nueva Esperanza.
- Reforestation under the concept of Planting values at the local school in Nueva Esperanza to promote environmental protection among students and seek their collaboration in these efforts.
- Cooking competitions for residents of the hamlets close to our property.
- Athletics competition (master and youth) for representatives of the hamlets and the company’s employees.